Developing Agents to Run KM
in Daily Activities
The aim of this course is to develop the core of a community which will continue, after the course, to effectively share knowledge for business benefit. Through a mixture of tutorial and group work, the community will develop an understanding of how they can best apply their collective knowledge in the course of their normal work. The course will be illustrated throughout with practical examples, detailed case studies, hands-on exercises, and collective agreement on community principles.
The course is designed for new or fledgling Communities, who want to start, formalize, or revitalize the management of their knowledge.Recommended participants are Community champion, Knowledge Management core team or practitioner focusing on nurturing community.
What does it cover?
- The principles of knowledge management and community of practices
- Community aims, objectives, principles, processes, boundaries
- Knowledge capture and packaging tools and techniques
- Initiating and working with communities of practice
- Crucial community knowledge
- Community roles
- Cultural blockers and enablers
- Advanced case studies
- Two times CoP Implementation Assistance (max 2 hours each)